Procedures for Items Lost In-Transit
Two reports have been developed to help track down items in-transit. They are located in the folder, "Transits and Check Ins" located in Polaris Reports: Utilities -> Reports and Notices -> Transits and Check Ins.
The first report, "In-Transit either FROM or TO or OWNED BY your library" will list items that are either owned by your library or in transit to or from your library.
The second report, "Transferred either FROM or TO or OWNED BY your library" will list items that are in transit to fill a hold and are either owned by your library or in transit to or from your library. This list also includes the patron the item is in-transit for in case it was missed at check out.
NOTE: Be sure and limit these reports so recent in-transits are not included.
These reports may be very large since they include not only your items, but items from other libraries that have or should be passing through your library. If all libraries run these reports regularly, "lost in transit" items should be reduced.
For all items:
- Search your shelves for these items and if found, check them in.
- If not found, you may contact the other libraries involved to have them check their shelves.
- If still not found, a general request can be sent out to the ListServ for other libraries to check their shelves.
- The lending library can contact the IHLS Delivery Department or SHARE Director for resolution.
- Finally, if all other resolutions have failed, a bill may be sent to the library as stated in the ILLINET Interlibrary Loan Code.