SHARE full member libraries have the option to choose to be either a cataloging library or a barcoding library.
- Staff have the knowledge to perform copy cataloging, using OCLC and upgrading/enhancing bibliographic records in accordance with SHARE Bibliographic & Cataloging Standards.
- Catalogers must attend 15 hours of continuing education related to cataloging each fiscal year (July 1 through June 30).
- Training Requirements for new catalogers
- Staff have the knowledge to search for bibliographic records in the SHARE database and add item/holding record to the matched bibliographic record.
- Barcoding A libraries may send items not found in the SHARE database to the SHARE cataloging Center for a fee based on library’s material budget.
- Barcoding B libraries may send items not found in the database to the SHARE Cataloging Center for a cost per item or use the $3 Bib option (currently for books only)
- Training Requirements for new barcoders
SHARE Cataloging Center
Catalogs materials not found in the SHARE database for a cost. Items must be property stamped and sent to the hub using the transit slip, addressed to SHARE Cataloging Center.
Creates Equipment and local bibliographic records. Please call or submit a help ticket for cataloging.
Local author, local history and genealogy items may qualify for CMC Cataloging. Please submit a Help Desk ticket for Cataloging to check eligibility.