Minimum System Software Requirements
If your computer is running Microsoft Windows
- Any of the following versions of Windows:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 10
- Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher (Internet Explorer 11 recommended)
- Windows 8/8.1 users: Internet Explorer must be running in Desktop mode
- Windows 10 users: If your Polaris Shortcut or Favorite opens in Microsoft Edge, please click the "..." in the upper-right hand corner, and then click "Open in Internet Explorer." Microsoft Edge is not supported at this time.
Windows XP & Vista are not supported.
If your computer is an Apple Macintosh
- Intel-based Macintosh with OSX 10.6 or greater
Minimum System Hardware Requirements
- Computer exists today, and you need to know if it will run Polaris:
- Minimum AMD or Pentium 4, single core processor running at 2.0 GHz, or newer.
- Minimum 1 GB RAM.
- Minimum 250GB Harddrive, with 50GB free.
- Receipt printers should be compatible with 64-bit Windows or Mac.
- Monitor that will support 1024x768 resolution
- Purchasing a new computer (estimated lifetime use with Polaris 3-5 years):
- Minimum AMD or Pentium Dual Core Processor (i5 equivalent) or better.
- Minimum 4GB RAM Minimum 250GB Harddrive, with 50GB free.
- Monitor that will support at least 1024x768 resolution.