Minimum System Software Requirements
If your computer is running Microsoft Windows
- Any of the following versions of Windows:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
NOTE: Windows 7 works as well, but because it is no longer supported by Microsoft, we recommend upgrading to one of the above versions of Windows to avoid any potential issues in the future.
Windows XP & Vista are not supported.
If your computer is an Apple Macintosh
- Intel-based Macintosh with OSX 10.6 or greater
Minimum System Hardware Requirements
- Computer exists today, and you need to know if it will run Polaris:
- Minimum AMD or Pentium 4, single core processor running at 2.0 GHz, or newer.
- Minimum 1 GB RAM.
- Minimum 250GB Harddrive, with 50GB free.
- Receipt printers should be compatible with 64-bit Windows or Mac.
- Monitor that will support 1024x768 resolution
- Purchasing a new computer (estimated lifetime use with Polaris 3-5 years):
- Minimum AMD or Pentium Dual Core Processor (i5 equivalent) or better.
- Minimum 4GB RAM Minimum 250GB Harddrive, with 50GB free.
- Monitor that will support at least 1024x768 resolution.