We recommend that you use only Internet-standard characters in the computer name.
The standard characters are the numbers 0 through 9, uppercase and lowercase letters from A through Z, and the hyphen (-) character.
To avoid duplicates, we also recommend that you change your computer name(s) and to prefix it with your library code.
Examples of some common names that will be rejected due to duplication:
- Circ, Circ1, Circ01, etc.
- Circulation, Circulation1, Circulation01, etc.
- Director, Director1, Director01, etc.
- Librarian, Librarian1, Librarian01, etc.
- Library-PC, Default-PC, HP, etc.
Examples of a name that will be accepted following guidelines and recommendations: