The SHARE Finance & Policy Committee Meeting, regularly scheduled on July 8, 2021 is rescheduled on Tuesday July 13, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. Please register to attend in L2.
1) The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave - 249 requests
2) 21st Birthday by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro - 244 requests
3) Sooley by John Grisham - 127 requests
4) Legacy by Nora Roberts - 121 requests
5) The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah - 104 requests
The end of the school year is quickly approaching, and we hope everyone has had a great year.
If you have not already done so, please fill out the Schools-End of the Year form. The last day the IHLS delivery team will be delivering to schools is May 17, 2021. Please note that if we do not receive a form or email from you, your school’s holds and Request Manager will be turned off on May 10, 2021 and back on by August 30, 2021.
Helpful year-end tips:
At the December 9, 2020 SHARE Membership Meeting, the SHARE Executive Council proposed changing the SHARE governance, specifically the population sizes of public library representatives. Voting will begin Wednesday, December 16, 2020.
Right now, public library representation includes:
- Small Public Library Representative (Population less than 10,000)
- Medium Public Library Representative (Population 10,001-50,000)
- Large Public Library Representative (Population 50,001 or more)
Only one library fits the description of a large public library. That limits the volunteers that are able to serve on the SHARE Executive Council, due to both term limits and due to leadership in other committees.
Would you support changing the definition, as follows:
- Small Public Library Representative (Population 10,000 or less)
- Medium Public Library Representative (Population 10,001-25,000)
- Large Public Library Representative (Population 25,001 or more